Flipkart.com

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

John Carter

  • John Carter: I opened my eyes upon a strange and weird landscape. I knew that I was on Mars; not once did I question either my sanity or my wakefulness. I was not asleep, no need for pinching here; my inner consciousness told me as plainly that I was upon Mars as your conscious mind tells you that you are upon Earth. You do not question the fact; neither did I.
  • Tars Tarkas: When I saw you, I believed that something new, could come into this world.
  • Matai Shang: We do not cause the destruction of a world, Captain Carter. We simply manage it. Feed off it, if you like. It is a game we have been playing since the beginning of Barsoom. We will continue to play it long after Earth ends.
  • Dejah Thoris: I'm Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium!
    John Carter: Helium? You mean the gas ... for balloons?
    Dejah Thoris: Helium is a city: Barsoom's top nation!
    John Carter: Never heard of ...
    Dejah Thoris: Holy ignorance! Where did you go to school? I mean, even if your teachers were from Zodanga ...
    John Carter: No, from Virginia, though I wish I'd had you, Miss ... Mam ... my Princess ...
    Dejah Thoris: [lips only] How dare you!
    John Carter: Please, teach me all about your world, Dejah Thoris!